All student who plan to graduate must file a Graduation Petition with the Office of Student Development. Graduation Petitions can be obtained, and returned to the Information Center in the Student Services Building.
Graduation Petitions should be completed at least one month before you register for your final full semester.
May, June and Summer Graduates: Please file after registering for your final Fall semester.
December & January Graduates: Please file after registering for your final Spring semester.
If you file late:
- You may not know the correct courses to take for your final semester.
- Your name may not appear in the Commencement Program.
- Your diploma will be listed for a later semester.
- You may not be invited to Transfer Day.
After you file a Graduation Petition, your Advisor will evaluate your remaining requirements send a Verification Form detailing your remaining requirements to your GCC email account.
Graduation Lists are posted in the (Student Services) Student Development area near the Advisors’ offices. You should check the spelling of your name and the degree listed before the following dates:
- Summer Graduates: Before June 30th
- December Graduates: Before October 30th
- May Graduates: Before March 30th
- DMS & NMT Graduates: Before March 30th